Battery electric tugs and bed movers can go a long way towards improving workplace efficiency in health and aged care settings.
They make the tasks of moving people or equipment much faster, easier and safer, reducing the risk of injuries to staff.
Let’s take a look at the types of moving equipment available for the health sector, and some of the benefits.
Types of moving equipment
It’s important to have the right piece of moving equipment for each task in a health care setting. Here are some examples:
- Battery electric wheelchair movers – for moving patients in wheelchairs in hospital or healthcare settings.
- Tow tugs – electric towing tractors for moving materials or people.
- Ride-on tugs – battery electric-powered tugs for pushing carts, trolleys or equipment.
- Stainless-steel tugs – for moving of equipment such as food trolleys.
- Battery electric linen movers – for safe moving of heavy hospital linen.
The benefits of battery electric tugs and movers
One of the key benefits of moving equipment is the increased efficiency and safety for staff.
SafeWork statistics show that the healthcare and social assistance industry has one of the highest rates of work-related injuries and compensation claims in Australia, mostly resulting from the handling of patients.
However, research indicates that the rate of serious injuries and claims is reduced in workplaces where staff members are aware that moving equipment is available, and they are trained to use it.
As well as making the job easier, safer and more efficient, electric moving equipment offers other benefits, such as:
- Battery power means the equipment is quiet to operate and non-polluting.
- Ease of use. Equipment is easy to operate, with features such as push button starts, hand lever speed controls and foot operated braking.
- Can provide quick return on investment. While there is an upfront purchase cost, there are fewer ongoing costs with little maintenance required.
To get the maximum benefits, it’s important to ensure you get the right electric moving equipment for your organisation’s tasks. Get in touch with our team to find out more.