Convert manually-pushed trolleys into powered ones
The Powered Fifth Wheel (P5W) is a retro-fittable solution for converting your manually-pushed trolleys into powered ones.
Controlled with an ergonomically designed control grip for a natural walking posture, the Powered Fifth Wheel works with your trolley’s other four wheels to help you move heavy loads safely and efficiently.
The retractable fifth wheel provides maximum manoeuvrability and can be lifted or lowered at the simple press of a button on the hand control unit.
Many trolleys, one solution
The handle clamps on both ends of the tiller arm can be fully customised, ensuring compatibility with a wide variety of vertical or horizontal trolley handles, including those found on:
- Meal delivery systems
- Hotel luggage trolleys
- Stock trolleys
- Linen trolleys
Non-Retractable Powered Fifth Wheel kit:
- A powerful motorised retractable drive-wheel.
- A hand control unit (vertical or horizontal—depending on your requirements).
- A slide-out battery carriage.
- A smart charger.
- Moves up to 400 kg safely.
- Ergonomic control grip on the hand control unit.
- Intuitive controls.
- Three-speed control with forward and reverse.
- Safety features including an emergency stop button and a horn.
- Two 33Ah batteries assembled within the slide-out carriage and a smart charger for optimum operation and battery life.
- Made in Australia.
Case study – Motorising your trolleys
Manual handling problem
A company providing waste and linen collection services needed a better way for their staff to move their tall heavy trolleys throughout a busy hotel, hundreds of times per day.
They needed a solution that was both powerful enough so staff did not suffer strains from pushing and pulling the trolleys around, and nimble enough so it could be moved through the tight corridors and lifts, especially around guests who were staying there.
Although the company wanted a way to motorise their existing fleet of trolleys, introducing a powered tug to tow their trolleys was not ideal because the tug and trolley weren’t nimble enough to fit into the lifts.
Solution: Powered Fifth Wheel (P5W)
To address their problem we developed the P5W, a powered drive wheel that can be easily retrofitted to their existing trolleys, converting them all to powered trolleys.
Controlled with an ergonomically designed grip for a natural walking posture, the P5W works with their trolley’s other four wheels to help them move the heavy loads safely and efficiently, eliminating the risk of push-pull injuries.
- Powerful motorised wheel capable of moving up to 500 kg.
- Ergonomic control grip with thumb controlled throttle and emergency stop.
- Flexible configurations to fit trolleys with vertical or horizontal handlebars of varying widths and heights.
- Smart charger for optimum operation and battery life.